Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Page Pounds

Most people have heard of the freshmen fifteen right? Most kids say that they'll eat healthfully, but they don't realize how hard it is to actually do that. I'll admit, I'm one of those kids, and now I know how easy it is to just eat whatever you want. Here in Richmond, we don't have grown ups to tell us to eat vegetables and fruit, basically, they just don't want us to go hungry. Basically, one of the things that we watch is how much money we spend on food, since everyone wants to save up their money. I'm not saying all we eat is junk food, there are kids who eat salads here everyday, I eat a turkey sand which on whole wheat everyday, but I'm saying it's easy to slip in to a pattern of eating nothing but chips and soda. In the meeting room, where we can all hang out after work and study hall, there are snacks we can buy for twenty five cents. You can get as many snacks as you want, just make sure you pay. All in all, I'm learning that as much as going out to eat at a restaurant every night sounds fun, you still have to be a little careful about what you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment